Wednesday, December 21, 2005

'Twas the day before Christmas...

.....and all through the house, wafted the smell of freshly baked pies.

I volunteered myself into baking pies for both of the upcoming family dinners. I have three pumpkin pies and two apple pies cooling, and one more planned. By special request, I'm going to attempt one of Neil's family recipes for something called "Flapper Pie".

The tarts I made a few days ago turned out quite well, by the way. This dough that I'm using can last for quite awhile in the fridge. Good to know.

Presents are all wrapped, and under the tree. Neil says if I'm good, he'll let me open one tonight. :)

Merry Christmas,

Karen

5 comments:

Alda said...

Karen, a very Merry Christmas to you and yours. And thanks for the b'day wishes.

Anonymous said...

I've had flipper pie. So has Neil. Quite yummy. Is Flapper Pie anything like...?

Karen said...

Flipper and Flapper pie have nothing in common, says the man.

Flapper is a custard like dessert pie. The way Neil describes Flipper pie... I think I'll pass. :)

Karen

Diana said...

A very belated Merry Christmas to you. May your new year be marvelous.

Anonymous said...

wow gold
gw gold
wow gold
ffxi gil
wow gold
Power Leve
world of warcraft gold