Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Andrea Dworkin

I just today found out that Andrea Dworkin has died. 10 days ago. Somehow I used to be better connected to the feminist world and important things like the passing of one of it's most controversial, brilliant writers would not have escaped me for more then a week.

I feel out of joint, dis-orientated, and sad. I will miss her. Didn't always agree, and often flinched at her conclusions.... but I will miss her.

It's so wyrd that there is so little news, even amongst the feminist community (now that I've gone hunting for more) about her passing, considering the impact she made while alive. She was one of those 'love her' or 'hate her' kind of writers.

Anyway, it made me go fetch her latest book - Heartbreak - out of the stacks to read.

Here's some websites:
Site dedicated to Andrea's works
Susie Bright's memorial

Karen

No comments: