Wednesday, August 10, 2005

well now

Sure wouldn't wish the last 5 days on anyone else!

Accumulating and increasing back spasms and their accompanying friends - nausea and diarrhea, are just NOT FUN. Not fun at all.

I've now been 4 days off work, and flat on my back for most of it, popping pain pills with visits to both the chiropractor and the massage therapist. Whew.

I'm still not well, but at least now I'm starting to come out of that self-centered haze of pain and fatigue that debilitating pain can bring.

Maybe I'll even want to eat something today. So far - no interest, but at least no repulsion at the idea either.

Had to give up tickets to Great Big Sea tonight. I'm just not up to it. I'm not the biggest fan of the band, but I've been wanting to see the Fergus Scottish Festival, where they are playing ....ahh well.

Completely missed my assigned watering day this week, by virtue of being in a fog of pain and nausea. It's supposed to rain today, 'though so maybe nature will take care of itself before all the flowers and veggies die. I certainly don't have the energy to water by bucket today.

The good news is that we don't have to replace the septic tank this year. Repairs done should tide us over for another year or two. Maybe we can afford it then.

Okay, time to go back to lying flat on the couch feeling sorry for myself now....

Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally share (though not this moment) and understand the pain. Been there, done that, imagine I'll be doing it again.

Apart from Robax and heating pads, my other great happiness have been my Obus vibrating/ eating car seat, now moved indoors to a chair since I'm not commuting big time, and a percussion massager.
They're not a total everytime solution, but boy, have they helped!
Good luck, kiddo!

Anti V

Jamie said...

I hope you feel lots better, Karen! Nothing lays you up like back pain.

Karen said...

thanks Jamie, Anti-V :)