Well, Christmas is over and the bathroom walls are turning pink. Yes... Pink. Really, it's a very nice pink. And I'm not desperately trying to convince myself. Really.
It'll dry darker.
Anywho... We're clearly renovating here. Neil's put up two new light fixtures in the bedroom and stripped 30 years of paint off of the bathroom window frame to restore the wood. He's also bought all kinds of wood that he planned on turning into a bookcase, a coffee table and a snow wall. The snow wall on our back door has gone up, but the other two projects have suffered because he got sidetracked helping me in the bathroom. There's only one day left in our holiday time.
And speaking of things accomplished.... the nice lady over at Two Sheep (who's name I haven't yet managed to figure out) has inspired me with a summary of her 2005 accomplishments.
Although I'll have to cast my mind back and remember the last year, I've started a new memo on my christmas present PDA so I can keep track of all the good things I accomplish in 2006.
- started the blog in April
- bought a digital camera shortly thereafter and began having loads of fun with it
- expanded my gardens yet again, particularily with a trip to Richters Herbs for medicinal and dye plants
- took a vacation, a real one, in early September to the east coast
- spun lots of fiber, and finally got the hang of drafting as I go instead of the slower park and draft method
- weaved a bit more on the damned twill
- naalbinded quite a few things - socks, hats, etc.
- dyed lots of innocent fiber with a wide variety of natural dyes, some of which I grew myself
- took on the job of Canton Arts and Sciences officer for the SCA
- entered the Kingdom Arts and Sciences Fair
Hmmm... seems like there should be more. But heyla, that's what the new list on the PDA will do for me next year. Organization, gotta love it.
Anything new y'all are taking on this year?