Monday, December 12, 2005

more election mutterings

Admittedly, the Political Science degree is many years behind me and I haven't been paying attention to the details lately.

So imagine my annoyance when my darling hubby found this little tidbit on declining ballots with a judiciously applied google search.

Google is my hero. I worship Google.

Now I don't mind terribly that my hubby found it so much as that the good people on the phone at Elections Canada couldn't answer my question after all, and tried to tell me that Section 284 actually did cover it.

The long and short of it is that one can not legally decline one's ballot in Federal elections. It's an option that simply isn't available in the legislation covering Federal elections. Most provincial governments have this option, but not the Federal government.

So now I'll have to make an actual decision on election day. Phooey. None of them deserve my vote.

And apparently, the current government has been in power for 18 months or so. Longer then a year... like I said, haven't been paying attention.

On the fiber front - I've been naalbinding a fair bit. Hat, socks, and now ...maybe, a sweater. Wish me luck on that one. I've never met anyone who's tried to naalbind an object as large as a sweater.

Karen

No comments: